Monday, June 14, 2010

CREATING OUT OF ONE'S PASSION

http://www.etheldrayton-craig.com

     I am inspired by older individuals who have begun new careers and vocations late in Life and who have a zeal for living, learning and creating well into their 80s and 90s.  With patience and enthusiasm, they hone a new craft and exhibit mastery on hobbies that require skill like art and music.
     I have become enthused by a digital journaling class that has me taking my camera with me daily for practice.  In addition to weekly classes, the small group goes out to various locations for photo shoots together.  As we are beginning to study the styles of renowned photographers to establish our personal preferences, after a shoot this weekend, the group spent time together in the library perusing the oversized photography books by such legends.
     Several of these photographers have carried their passion for creating across fields and across media over a lifetime of hardships, accomplishments, and opportunities while diligently learning how to apply and expand their craft – producing and creating out of their passion well into their late 80s and 90s.
     In sharpening the vision in my mind’s eye to the outward print, I have had several personal “aha” moments regarding my Life by engaging in this process of photographing, making prints, studying the qualities of the print, and journaling with words and pictures - my daily experiences.  I invite you to contemplate two questions I have posed to myself in the process:
1.    My creativity comes from where and goes where?
2.    What is the next stretch – what will personally stretch me to the next level?



© Dr. Drayton-Craig, 2010









No comments:

Post a Comment